Pet grooming

Dog owner threatened to kill South Tyneside animal grooming boss, court heard

In a telephone message, Susan Williams, 65, warned the businesswoman: “You will all be burned alive.

“Everyone and everything in the living room will be set on fire. I’m going to have you murdered. I want to get my dog ​​back.

And Williams, of Beattie Street, Tyne Dock, also made threats after appearing before the South Shields company, a court has heard.

Register to our daily newsletter

Newsletter cut through the noise

The case was heard by the South Tyneside Mgaistrates court.

During the exchange on Wednesday, June 16, she told her victim: “I would have preferred to murder him myself rather than let you have my dog. I will kill you myself. “

Williams went from welcome visitor to worrying accuser after claiming her victim grabbed her dog.

She even contacted the police with the allegation, but in fact she had sold the dog to the grooming expert for £ 250.

And she had received a form confirming it, prosecutor Lesley Burgess told South Tyneside Magistrates’ Court.

Ms Burgess said Williams befriended her victim by visiting her living room every fortnight starting in January.

Williams took her dog but never paid for a grooming service, but once agreed to sell her puppy.

She said the accused and the victim made a deal for her to buy the puppy for £ 250.

Ms Burgess added that the victim described taking the puppy and signing an agreement that the puppy was returned.

She added: “Ms. Williams then contacted the police regarding the victim not paying for the puppy.

“She started getting phone calls with voice calls that she wanted her murdered. The victim named the accused responsible for the voice calls and threats.

Williams has pleaded guilty to putting the woman, who has owned her business for 20 years, in fear of harassment violence between June 7 and June 13.

John Gibson, defending, said a pre-sentence report was required, adding only: “I think this is a unique case.”

District Judge Paul Currer adjourned the hearing for a report.

He gave Williams unconditional bail to be sentenced by the same court on Wednesday January 5.