Pet shop

Spanish pet store fire

Image: Pixabay

Fire in a Spanish pet store. The majority of animals inside the store were killed in the shocking fire which also left people injured.

On Monday evening, January 24, a fire broke out at a pet store in Barcelona, ​​Spain. The store was located on Rambla de Nadal in Barcelona. Unfortunately, most of the animals that had been kept in the pet store were killed.

The fire affected people and animals. According to municipal sources speaking to Europa Press, several neighboring families had to leave their homes due to the fire to ensure their safety.

Two people also needed medical attention after being injured by smoke inhalation.

10 fire crews were dispatched to the scene of the blaze by Barcelona firefighters. Firefighters tackled the blaze before extinguishing it around 5:30 a.m.

Once the fire was extinguished, local families were able to return to their homes.


Thanks for taking the time to read this article, don’t forget to come back and check the Euro Weekly News website for all your up to date local and international news and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram .

Alex Glenn is a journalist for Spain’s largest English-language newspaper, Euro Weekly News. Previously, she worked in the NHS for 15 years until moving to Spain in 2018. She loves the Spanish lifestyle, language and culture and spent several years learning Spanish before moving to Spain for a better quality of life. She calls the mountains of Almeria home, where she enjoys being part of a rural community made up of both expats and Spanish residents. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, reading and exploring the area where she lives.